Friday, October 26, 2007

Mommy's Note

So it seems as though Corben's teeth are working their way to the top and they have been giving he and I a rough time this week. I hate giving him Tylenol especially when he can't actually tell me what's wrong. What's a mommy to do?! So most of my activities are around "natural thinking" mamas so I of course was inclined to ask their opinions of natural pain remedies for teething. Everyone of the mom's I asked had 2 remedies 1) Hylands Teething Tabs 2)Amber necklaces (yes, I'm with my buddy Alison - seems a little hocus pocussy but we may resort to it if these don't do the trick). So Brad went and got the tabs on his way home and what do ya know?! They work!! They are all natural so it's none of that artificial stuff that his little liver (or is it the kidneys??) has to break down and they are super simple - they dissolve under the tongue. (ok so you know a 4 month old isn't going to sit and wait for that sucker to dissolve so I held it in his cheek). There is a teeny note that says it may make the baby sleepy because they will finally get some relief...guess what? Corben was asleep within 15 minutes of the first dose! It is 8:30 and he's out for what will hopefully be a good night's sleep (for both of us!). If you see him with the amber necklace for babies then you know the tabs are not the complete answer but for now they're working...I'll keep you posted!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I'm so glad the Hylands work! I'm glad the little guy (and Mommy) got some relief!