Tuesday, January 8, 2008

Rock-A-Bye Baby

So I wanted to tell you about my new sleep routine in case any of you, my faithful blog friends, out there are having some trouble counting the sheep. My friend Lily's mom shared this suggestion with us a few days ago and we were anxious to try it right away. I hate to cry myself to sleep and I know mommy and daddy hate it too so we're all looking for a more calming way to say goodnight. At about 7:30 mommy dims the lights and turns on my heater fan so my room gets nice and toasty. When it's warm I get to take off all my clothes (even my diaper!!!) and play on a super soft blankie - we stole the term but we call it my "Nudie Time". I play and roll until mommy says it's time for my massage. (YES, I SAID MASSAGE!) She puts this yummy smelling oil on me and I destress as she rubs my shoulders and tummy. Then I get to eat in the dark. Man, when my head hits the matress I'm out! While I may not be out for the entire night yet (I sleep for about 3-4 hours at a time) it at least makes bedtime easier here in our house! Plus it gives us some nice quality family time at the end of our day. Feel free to share your bedtime advice with me!

1 comment:

Joyce Collins said...

I could handle being put to sleep like that! :?)