Wednesday, January 6, 2010

Other Christmas Festivities

We were able to get together with my cousin and her wonderful family on our last night in town. They treated us to a wonderful mexican meal and then had us over to their home to continue our visit where the kids could play and so we could all catch up. And I swear, my Nevie doesn't always have dirty clothes she just gobbled up that guacamole! Ahhhh, she is like her mommy and just loves mexican food!



This really great toy was an after-Christmas present from Meemaw. The kids both love it! Now if only I could get them to share...
In the town I grew up in there's a place known as The Sledding Hill. It's this huge hill that has is the cities underground water tank (I know this because I did a science project on it). Thank goodness we have 4-wheel-drive because this enabled us to get out during the snow and catch the hill before it turned to a mudpit.




I love that my husband is a big ol' kid at heart!




He and Corben had a blast!!!




This would be Pawpaw's idea. I knew what would happen...in the end I'm sure my mom's potatoes were pretty bruised.
Nevie enjoyed her ride in the dump truck.

Nevie is such a girl. Not only does she love to look at herself but she uses everything as a telephone. Here she is showing Meemaw how the remote works does the job. As long as it's not a boy she pretends to talk to then we're ok.
Along with trains Corben really loves cars. He and Pawpaw played with the semi-service station.
Taking her new wheels for a spin.

Peace-Out
We spent one day down at my grandparents' house. We had a perfect visit with them. We are so very very lucky to be able to spend time with them every time we're home. God bless them for being so patient as my Grandma has the most beautifully decorated home especially at Christmas. Corben loved it. A little too much. All those trees (she has 3) all those pretty breakable ornaments (she has a zillion or 2) and all the fancy glasses. He didn't break anything but boy did he try! She was so very very patient and kind. She really is an amazing Great-Grandma!
My Great-Grandpa is awesome! It was really cool to hear his WWII stories that he shared with Brad.
My mom only put out the ornaments that she thought Corben would love (i.e. ones that made sound, moved, talked, etc). Hallmark ornaments are a big tradition in my family so there are some pretty cool ones! Corben & Mamaw spent a lot of time by the tree playing with each ornament. He'd bring her one and want her to show him. By the time our trip ended there was a whole lot of ornaments on the counter that had a date with some super glue. Sorry Mom!
Nevie and Pawpaw have such a special bond. It's pretty cool to see him with her because he is such a perfect Grandpa to both Corben and Nevien and knows exactly how to play with each of them in their own way.

3 comments:

Lea said...

You've been a blogging fool, girl! So glad you guys had a great Christmas. I must admit that I was feeling lots of excitement for Christmas in anticipation of Asher discovering the presents under the tree. Having kids makes me feel like a kid again!

Alison said...

Your Christmas looks awesome! Nevie looks like she is getting some hair all the sudden!

THE LONG FAMILY said...

well this has nothing to do with the post but I love the new layout!!