Wednesday, October 10, 2007
The Results Are In!
Well, mommy got a phone call today with the results of my **traumatic** sleep study experience. I went last Thursday to the new Children's Hospital in Denver so I could be studied while I sleep. It all started with the nurse hooking up at least 50 electrodes up to my head which I didn't like very much. Then she hooked more up to my neck, chest and legs plus several pulse-ox things on my feet. I was wrapped nearly head to toe in gauze (I looked like I had been in a serious accident)! Not to mention the oxygen tube and sensor in my nose!!! It was very scary so I cried **A LOT**. I didn't do perfectly like I had hoped but I've done much worse. Since I refuse to sleep with the oxygen tube in my nose and since I can't transform into bubble boy at night I have 2 options. 1) No oxygen at all 2) mommy & daddy can put splints on my elbows so I can't move my arms. None of us are too excited about binding me up before I go to sleep. The good news is that the nurse said since my low oxygen levels only totalled 3% that it shouldn't harm me if I didn't use the oxygen anymore (10% is the critical side). Now mommy & daddy have to decide what to do - no pressure - they already know my vote! Let me know what you think by casting your vote on the right...
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment