Ok it's not really getting hot here because God has had mercy on this little slice of paradise and it doesn't get hot here (or so I'm told). None of our family likes to hear how nice and mild it is here when it's a balmy 100+ degrees in the midwest. Ahhh, slowly but surely we are recruiting our family to come join us in this beautiful part of America. More on that at a later date.
Mommy is conflicted these days about keeping up with the blog. On the one hand we have so many friends and family members that live far away whom we don't get to see very often and we like that this is a universal way for them to see what we're up to. On the other hand there's so many unknown people who visit our blog that we don't know and it's a little, shall we say, creepy. So as sorry as we are to say it we may continue to keep our updates infrequent. Who knows. Maybe once something other than Criminal Minds comes on just before the news mommy will have had a change of heart.
4 comments:
A blog is a tricky thing. I enjoy sharing our life with some people, but yeah, you do open yourself up to creeps. I've always felt that if I got weirded out too much and was feeling nervous about it, then it would no longer be worth it and that would be it for me, so I totally understand. But I do hope you keep it up because I love seeing the pics of the kids and seeing what's going on!
Good point. Delurking to tell you that I started reading your blog because I'm friends with Alison (like actual real life friends and we know each other through means other than the internet).
It is possible to make the blog personal and then you add the email addresses of the people that can read your blog. That would take care of the strangers thing (but you would then have to collect the email addresses of everyone you wanted to read the blog)...
Love seeing the pictures and glad you enjoy the weather. I have to keep blogging, for my Grandma!
Problem easily solved. Blogger has an invitation only setting. Set the blog as private and list emails that are welcome. Blogger will send them an email inviting them in. Only people you invite can see the blog! :) That way you can keep it to friends and family, etc.
Cuz I love the pictures and updates and hope I make the cut!
Post a Comment