Wednesday, March 3, 2010

The Big O-N-E!

Wowza! Where'd the year go?! Seriously, can it be March 3rd already?! Nevien is 1 today! One year ago today our lives became a brighter and a little more pink. We have had a blast this year getting to know her and watching her personality bloom. We've enjoyed watching Corben interact with Nevie and grow as a big brother. Not a day goes by that we don't laugh at how different these two are. No matter their differences though they have a lot in common and it seems to be evident in their good traits...they are both so happy! My favorite sound these days is when they laugh together. It's the most precious sound. Nevie has the prettiest beaver-tooth smile and the most infectious giggles.

Happy Birthday Nevie-puss! We love you so much!!!!!!!!!!!!! Anybody who has been to a birthday party where Corben is present has seen this look in Corben's eyes before. He couldn't wait to dig into that cake. Oddly enough, the princess on top is his favorite thing right now. At first he thought she was Tinkerballs (Tinkerbell) but now he refers to her as Princess. She goes potty with him, she takes a nap with him, she eats with him. It's pretty darn funny.
Ordinarily I think the first birthday cake shouldn't be the sugary, bad-for-you, type confection but who can resist a cake from Safeway?!
Ooooo her first birthday present from Meemaw and PawPaw
Nevie *LOVES* shoes. Here she is taking her new ones for a test walk.

2 comments:

Lea said...

I was cracking up as soon as I saw the picture of Corben and the cake - I recognized the look immediately! I love that Corben is obsessed with the princess - our boys and their dolls! :) It's so funny because I just did a post about Asher and his doll!

Anyway, Happy Birthday, Miss Nevie! Can't believe it's been a year already!

Alison said...

What a girl after my own heart - loving shoes!

I can't believe she is one!!!! Happy Birthday Nevie, when can we celebrate?